Google
 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment & let me know you were here :]

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Walk n' Roll!!

Yesterday was a great day for baby deals! Since I saved all that money on diapers, I decided to head to our local children's clothing resale shop that I had a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon for on a hunt to get a walker for Jolie and to see what other bargains I could find. (Consignment or resale shops are a GOLDMINE when it comes to buying baby equipment! I wish I would have known about them sooner!) As soon as I walked in I found an almost brand new Winnie The Pooh walker(it actually probably was brand new because the wheels had no dirt on them at all!) and it was $26! Way better than the $49 I had seen it for at Walmart! I was thrilled! Then to add to my enjoyment I looked up on a shelf and and low and behold there was the Fisher Price Sit to Stand Giraffe gazing down at me that I had been debating about buying for only $9! What a steal! I looked around at what else I could find to bring my total to $50 so I could use my coupon, and I found a cute Baby Gap hat and shorts set, a Children's Place swimsuit, some new white leather Keds, and a few other little things. I paid $40 for everything I got! I was so excited to get home and have Jolie test out her new toys.

Well, she LOVES her walker. She can only go backwards for now but she you can tell she likes being in control of where she rolls! Yeah, so I guess I should let her master crawling first but I can't help myself. I'm a sucker for baby stuff. Then there was the Sit to Stand Giraffe. Well my friends, whoever named that thing was right on. As soon as Jolie sat in front of it she pulled up on the ears and after a little bit of a struggle, she pulled herself up to a stand! What?! She's only 7 months old! She's not supposed to grow up this fast!!! I was amazed that she was even attempting this, since she had never before, so I quick ran and grabbed the disposable camera that I'll be taking to Walgreens later today to have developed for FREE! and snapped a few photos of the process. They should prove to be rather amusing. She was making some interesting faces. I'll post them later.

Another note.... Jolie has had her 2 bottom teeth for a while now, and now her 4 top teeth are coming in. I've tried to get some pictures of her new pearly whites but Jolie turns into Fort Knox and refuses to open her mouth. One day I'll get a picture of those elusive things. I know they're in there.
Well here's my problem..only one of her top teeth has broke though so far, which has made for a few sleepless nights around here. I've been using Hylands Teething Tablets and gel, frozen bananas in her mesh bag feeder, teething rings, you name it, to try to help with any discomfort, and I'll give her some Tylenol at bedtime but it doesn't seem to really be helping. What do you do for your teething baby to help ease their pain? I'm not a huge fan of Tylenol/Motrin so if you have any homeopathic remedies to share, please do!

No comments: