Google
 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment & let me know you were here :]

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Nothing like the FL sunshine!

I decided I'd rather break up the last months recap into a few different posts that way it'll be easier to read. Well we got back from vacation down in Orlando earlier this week. What an awesome time we had!! I was a little worried about flying with Jolie for the first time, especially since she had a little bit of a stuffy nose but she did great! She didn't fuss for even a second! Well, the weather was beautiful. They don't call FL the sunshine stay for nothin'! It was definitely a shock coming back to a brisk 43 degrees! Which didn't help the fact that I caught whatever sickness Jolie & Joe had. :( Anyhow, our first day there we were able to catch the last Braves spring training game. Jolie was there in her pink baseball striped Braves outfit that my mom and I found when I was 3 months pregnant. I figured she could wear it to a game while her daddy was pitching but since his shoulder surgery we settled for just going to the game WITH daddy. One of Joe's friends from Rome actually pitched in the game so that was fun to watch. He did really good too! Hopefully one day when Joe's shoulder heals, Jolie will be able to see her daddy pitch too. While we were there we took Jolie to Cocoa Beach (about an hours drive) and she LOVED it! She would squeal everytime the waves came up to her toes then when the waves would retreat she would protest until they came back again. She loved the sand too. I think I'm still cleaning out sand from all her little rolls but it was worth it! We also were able to enjoy the hotel pool while we were there too. Yet another thing Jolie absolutely loved. She is definitely a water baby. I had a feeling she would love it just based on how excited she gets when its bath time so I can already hardly wait for it to get warm enough here to take her to the pool again! Overall our trip was great, Joe's mom flew down on Friday so that was nice. I'm glad she was able to spend some time with Jolie. She even watched Jolie so Joe and I could go out to eat one night on our own. Later in the week we ventured to Celebration, FL. It's right outside of Orlando and it is picture perfect. It almost seemed like a Disney town. Too perfect to be real but it was. While in Celebration we had a bite to eat and strolled around. Joe had found this neat bookstore while he was there a few months ago and suggested we go inside. I'm glad we did because I found a book called "Rocket Rolie Polie" based on the Disney TV series Rolie Polie Olie. I was so excited to find a book that had rolie polie in it since Jolie's nick name "roly poly Jolie!" I didn't even know there was a TV show. I guess I'm a little out of the loop. Anyhow here's a few pictures from our trip.



Taking a jumping break to pose


After sitting in the steamy bathroom to try to relieve some of her congestion and we ended up with a mohawk! :)









No comments: