Google
 
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment & let me know you were here :]

Saturday, February 16, 2008

First words!!

So I thought I'd be able to post more often but lately things have just been crazy once again! Here's a quick recap! Well, Jolie has started saying Ma! Ma! I don't think there is any other words I'd rather hear :) Although I'm sure Joe wanted to hear DaDa, I am soo excited she's finally using her big girl words! She's really on the move now, you can't take your eyes off her for a second while she's on the ground because she has mastered rolling to get around. She's acting like she wants to crawl but I think that is going to be a little ways off but you never know with her! She has been eating great too! We have tried every veggie and fruit there is for Stage 1 foods and we had no problems as far as allergies go. Although, I did notice that carrots didn't sit well with her so we have decided to leave those off the menu, for now at least. I have to say I think her absolute favorites are green beans and bananas by far. She'll gobble those up faster than you can get the spoon reloaded. Sometimes she starts throwing her arms up and screeching if you don't feed her fast enough. Such a little piggy! :) I can't wait to see how much she weighs in 2 weeks when we take her for her 6 month well check and to get the next round of shots. I know she's going to do great though!
Roly Poly!

Happy Girl!
I really enjoyed the past 2 weeks though. Joe sent me some roses for being a good mom so that is always nice. I was also able to Michelle's baby shower. I had a really good time there too! I made a diaper cake to bring and I think it turned out quite nice actually! I was really proud of it and I hope she enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it. I know we always needed diapers so I thought that would be the perfect gift that is practical, yet cute. I was also able to go out one night with my friend Kevin! He is soo much fun to be around! I had a fabulous time with him and Kendra as well. It's always nice to have some "grown up" time. And now to top all of that off, Joe is on his way here today for the weekend to spend some time with Jolie & I. We are also planning a trip to Orlando next month too, so that should be a fun little family vacation!


The roses Joe sent me



Diaper cake for Michelle


Daisy is also doing great. Last Sunday she started taking her first steps. She looked a little "drunk" but my family and I were so very happy! It just reaffirmed that we made the right decision to have the surgery. It has been a long 4 weeks since her surgery but it was all worth it. We took Daisy in yesterday for her re-check and the Dr. said everything looked great. We don't have to go back for another month now! Thank you all who sent your well wishes and prayers! I am a firm believer that the Lord and all of your love and support helped with a speedy recovery!


On another note, please pray for my grandmother (Grammy). She broke her hip 2 days ago while my grandfather and nurse were moving her out of bed. She has been in a wheelchair/bed ridden for almost 10 years now since having a brain injury. God really has blessed us with 5 really good years with her since the accident but slowly each year her health declines little by little. She is going to be having surgery tomorrow to repair her hip but the doctors have told us there is a large percentage that she may not make it through the surgery. My family and I know that her heart is dedicated to the Lord and we know God has a plan. We all know that Grammy is a very strong woman. She's battled breast cancer 3 times. Had over 20 back surgeries since being hit by a drunk driver 30 years ago, and then 10 years ago fell and hit her head and have to have emergency brain surgery which left her confined to a wheelchair. My grandfather has been taking care of her since and I know this is very hard on him and all of us. We have a very small family but a close-knit one at that. I just ask for your prayers once again for my Grammy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've had a busy few weeks! Jolie is SO ADORABLE!!!!